Today, I arrived at the hanger a little bit early as my dad and I had to straighten out some insurance issues, since one of the pilots accidentally hit my car with his trailer hitch, hooked the front bumper and pulled the connectors out and tore some of the connector holes for about half of the length of the bumper.
People were already talking about how bad the forecasts looked, and how disparate the two methods looked. The soundings were showing good lift to 10-14kft, and the blipmaps were showing lift to 6kft. That's a big difference. Rick Walters, currently in 1st place and a CD advisor, told me that we woudln't be flying today and I took him for his word.
However, during the meeting, the CD decided to have us grid, and he'd throw a sniffer up to see how the conditions really are. So, I have to switch gears back into flying mode and hope for the best - hopefully the strong forecast is right!
We fixed the flat tire on the tail dolly by buying a plastic wheel from ACE, the lock guy is still working on the trailer lock, I'm borrowing a battery for today and tomorrow and now I have the bumper to fix. Let's hope that's the end of the mechanical issues for this contest!
Talk to you soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment